Friday, January 24, 2014

Easy Weight Watchers Veggie Soup

Let me tell you I was very skeptical about this soup..I thought this recipe was TOO easy to taste good and I was so so wrong. And I also doubled the recipe for lunches and I am so glad that I did! I forgot to take a picture of the cans so when I make it again I will do a repost with updated pictures of the cans and sizes.

Lets get cooking!

I wanted to make this a major filler food that would satisfy you while staying low in points.



Easy Weight Watchers Veggie Soup

Ingredients:

(all cans were normal can sizes)
2 cans mixed vegetables
2 cans of sweet corn
2 cans of diced tomatoes (I used one can with jalapenos, another one with onions and peppers) 
2 cans of light minestrone soup (I used light Progresso Italian meatball. Perfect meat and noodle amount)
1 can of light red beans (or whichever you prefer) Rinsed

You can also ditch the beans or use only one can of corn to cut points but I love both and beans are protein! :)

Just throw it all together and heat. SO good. But I will say if you are watching sodium I would watch the cans that you use there was quite a bit of salt but you can always use low salt versions. (I was just nervous it would be bland but it wasn't!)
The jalapeno diced tomatoes made it tangy but not too spicy!
Two more things about this soup:
1: SO versatile! Add whatever you want and as much as you want just remember to change the points. ;)
2: Throw it in the crock pot on low and it will be done fast! 


For this recipe I put it in my recipe calculator and I put it in as 12 servings for four points. And I KNOW there were more servings possibly double but I couldnt tell because I sent more than half to my fiancee..so I may need to update that too!
Thank you for stopping by my blog, and happy cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment